Friday, February 11, 2011

Writing?

It's Friday & after an exhausting week of writing papers, preparing for exams & and engaging in online discussions I feel tired but really gratified too to be in the thick of school, studying, etc. I have always loved the feeling of being a student,I think because I was taught by the madre that the persuit of education is vital to a human's existence. If we are not reading, learning, etc what are we doing?

Onto the weekend, I ran into our new neighbor the other day & she's a young woman, looks about my age, maybe a couple years older. They just moved here from Fairbanks, Alaska as they have a business here in Valdez so they decided to finally move here after traveling back & forth for years. I have not seen her husband, but she told me he likes to hunt so I'm sure he's very burly & Alaskan :) I invited them over for dinner w/o asking them if they are vegetarians, (probably NOT living here I would assume but you never know!), if they have any food allergies, if they are wine whores like us, etc so now I'm not sure what I should make! I was thinking something super easy like chinese veggie stir fry w/noodles. I make this a lot as a staple comfort food. For me, any Asian cuisine is comfort food as I LOVE LOVE LOVE Asian cooking so we'll see, hopefully they won't break out in hives or run for the hills after seeing what big lushes we are! 

Also, I have decided to finally start writing a book. It sounds crazy & preposterous, but I figure living here is a good excuse to at least write SOMETHING! Even if it's just a chapter of something bigger in the future, I'll be happy. I have always wanted to write a book so we'll see how it goes. I'll keep you, (by you I mean probably my Mom who surely reads this blog & my one other friend!) :)

Happy Friday & Happy Revolution Day to the pround people of Mesr, (AKA Egypt). Today is also the anniversary of the Iranian Revolution in 1980, (which clearly did not pan out as the people had hoped for sadly), but there's always round 2!! My motto for the day is La Vie En Rose.....

1 comment:

Bobbi Lynn said...

I'm so excited you're writing a book! And I am jealous of your student status - I miss my university days sometimes. Your new neighbors will love your cooking and, no doubt, be blown away by your hospitality. I was watching Al Jazeera this morning when the announcement came through, what an amazing moment in history. I am so grateful technology has given us the gift of being able to watch emotional, inspirational, and life-changing moments like that. Huge apologies for the long, poorly thought out mish-mash of a paragraph. :) XOXOX